We’ve heard from our more than 475 million Pinners that they want to engage with video and explore content directly on Pinterest. Today, we’re introducing Idea Pins, our multi-page video format, to all Creators in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This new access and capability will empower anyone with a business account to create inspiring content and better interact with their audiences, building more engaged communities directly on Pinterest.
Idea Pins make it easy for Creators to publish high-quality, long-lasting, save-able content directly to Pinterest. In fact, the number of Idea Pins created daily has grown by nearly 4x since January.* With these updates, we’re highlighting the people behind the content and encouraging Pinners to follow Creators and engage with the ideas that they find.
Idea Pin creation now includes:
- Video recording and editing for up to 20 pages of content
- Voice-over recording so that Creators can add their own personal voice
- Music selection by Epidemic Sound
- Ghost-mode transition tools (perfect for those before-and-afters!)
- Detail pages for instructions or ingredients
- Interactive elements such as people tagging and stickers
- Multi-draft save so that Creators can publish more ideas
- Export options to share content beyond Pinterest
- Topic tagging – a publishing feature that helps connect content to relevant interests
- The Creator Code – our content policy designed to keep Pinterest a positive and inspiring place
These updates are meant to give anyone who has something to teach, share, or say the ability to share it with a community of Pinners who are looking for their ideas. We know that many Creators are focused on growing their business, as they grow their audience. That’s why we introduced our first-ever Creator Fund last month and have started testing Creator and brand collaborations with a select number of Creators, including Domonique Panton, Peter Som, and GrossyPelosi. We’re also testing product tagging within Idea Pins so that Creators can make their content shoppable. We’re still exploring where Creators can monetise their work in meaningful and scalable ways, while reaching the audiences that are most significant for them. We’ll have more to share about how this programme continues to evolve in the coming months.
We’re on a journey to build a platform where Pinners around the world can discover content and ideas that feel personalised, relevant and reflective of who they are. With an ecosystem of richer, fresher, more inclusive content from a new generation of Creators, we believe that Pinterest can be home to the most inspiring content, with the most inspiring people fuelling the ideas and inspiration behind that content.
*(Pinterest internal data, global, April 2021)