It’s the most wonderful (and stressful) time of year. From now until the new year, there are endless ways to celebrate. People on Pinterest especially love the holidays, plan early and save more than 750 million holiday ideas every year.
Thanks to our Pinsights team, we have a best-of list featuring 111 of the top trending holiday ideas people are searching and saving on Pinterest. From how to freshen up your Friendsgiving and meh menorah, to rocking around a pineapple tree and champagne bar, these are the top ideas for every holi-YAY celebration.
Oh, what fun it is to eat
Pinners are thinking big—and small—when it comes to holiday party spreads. Simple, make-ahead food and drinks that please a crowd are popular, especially pressure cooker recipes (+1066% YoY) and grab-and-go goodies (+404% YoY).
- Pressure cooker mashed potatoes
- Slab pies (+115%)
- Pie pops (+161%)
- Sweet corn spoonbread (saved +275k times)
- To-go boxes (+163%)
- Infused beer cocktails (+70%)
- Sparkling ice cream
- Glitter-dipped fortune cookies
Pinners are keeping an eye on their rump-pum-pum-pums, and taking a healthy break from holiday feasting with vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. Keto recipes in particular are booming with a 4460% year-over-year increase in saves.
- Mashed cauliflower and keto gravy
- Sugar free cranberry sauce
- Zoodle latkes
- Vegan eggnog
- Peppermint fudge energy bites
- Vegan mushroom Wellington
And the classics are here to stay—with a twist.
- Grandma’s chocolate pie (top pie recipe)
- Sweet potato casserole (149k saves)
- Jelly cookies
- Marshmallow dreidels
- Candy house
- Spekulatius crumble (+161%)
Home for the holidays
This year, Pinners plan to deck their homes with greenery, glitter, giant balloons and more.
- Neutral tablescapes (+67%)
- Natural centerpieces (+201%)
- Green garland (+413%)
- Millennial pink pumpkins (because, of course)
- Blue and white china (364% increase in saves)
- Oil lamp menorah
- Branch Star of David (+248% branch decor)
- Pineapple Christmas tree (+3406%)
- Giant balloon lights (+1024%)
- Japanese furoshiki wrapping (+129%)
- Washi tape tree (+91% YoY)
- Glitter-dipped balloons
Pinners have been planning their holiday looks since July, and saved 243% more outfits this year than last. Popular on the party circuit? Everyone’s got their hands on velvet dresses (+159%), tulle skirts(127%) and faux fur jackets (+322%).
Merry makeup and a happy hair year
Holiday parties and NYE are the perfect excuse for extra shimmer. Gold eyeliner is up 722%, and star makeup, smokey glitter eyes, heavenly hair and rose gold highlights are also on the rise. The finishing touch is a pretty-in-pink lip, up 154%.
See the complete 2017 holi-YAY trend report.
And that’s a wrap! Remember to share all your holi-YAYs with #MyPinterest for a chance to be featured on our Instagram.
—The Pinsights team, saving the latest trends to Pin Picks