Halloween is right around the corner and, as the source of inspiration for the best ideas for every celebration in your life, Pinterest gathered this year’s top 10 looks to help Pinners officially get ready for the season.
2022 is all about costumes with pop culture themes. In sync with this year's major launches, searches around Stranger Things, Elvis, Top Gun and The Lord of the Rings are trending on the platform.
The classics always hold a special place in our hearts, and this year this proves true following the growth in searches for Patrick Bateman, from American Psycho, Harley Quinn - the Joker's ex -, and the season's favorite, Hocus Pocus.
Bold women are also topping 2022’s costume list with iconic figures like Anna Delvey, from Inventing Anna, as well as Priscilla Presley, Avril Lavigne and Maddie and Cassie, the infamous duo from Euphoria.
Here are the Top 10 Trending Costume Ideas on Pinterest1
- "Stranger Things costume ideas" increased by 22X
- "Elvis and Priscilla costume" increased by 19X
- "Patrick Bateman costume" increased by 18X
- "Top Gun costume" increased by 6X
- "Anna Delvey costume" increased by 5X2
- "Harley Quinn halloween costume" increased by 4X
- "Avril Lavigne halloween costume" increased by 3X
- "Dani Hocus Pocus costume" increased by 3X
- "Maddie and Cassie Euphoria costume" increased by 3X
- "Lord of the Rings halloween costumes" increased by 2X
At Pinterest our goal is to give Pinners the inspiration to live a life they love. And part of fulfilling that mission is enjoying holidays like Halloween as thoughtfully as possible. That’s why in 2020, we made it easier to find culturally-appropriate Halloween ideas, and bring awareness to the fact that costumes should not be used to turn a person’s identity into a stereotyped image.
To find even more Halloween Costume ideas, visit our Today’s Inspiration tab through the end of October for a daily dose of inspiration.
1Pinterest internal search data; Global; July 17th, 2022 to August 15th, 2022 vs July 17th, 2021 to August 15th, 2021
2 Pinterest internal search data; Global; July 17th, 2022 to August 15th, 2022 vs June 17th, 2022 to July 16th, 2022