More than 460 million people around the world come to Pinterest each month to find inspiration, ideas and products to shop and create a life they love. Content creators —from individuals to publishers to brands— are at the heart of enabling users to go from inspiration to action. We’re always looking for ways to make creating content on Pinterest easier, so we’re evolving our native publishing tools to do just that. Starting today, Pinterest will unify all of the features Pinners and content creators have come to love under one, simple format — Pins.
Best of creation all in one flow, available to everyone
Given Pinterest’s unique value in curating a mix of image and video content, we’re now merging the content creation flows of our most highly engaged formats into one seamless experience. Pinterest users will now be able to access features that were previously only available to certain Pin formats or users with a business account, including links, post-publish editing, and flexible aspect ratios. All content creators will also be able to include expressive features like music, text overlay, and stickers to their Pins. To create a video or image Pin, users can simply “create a Pin”. Learn more about what a Pin has to offer at the Pinterest Help Center.
For advertisers, Pinterest will continue to offer all the features and formats they know and love. Advertisers will still have the ability to create Idea ads, Video ads, Collection ads and Carousel ads to bring their brand to life with creative components that feel native to Pinterest.
Enhanced features to make creation and monetization easier
In addition to bringing together all of the best creation features under one simple flow, Pinterest is expanding a set of tools and features that will make it easier for Pinners and creators to edit, publish, monetize, measure performance, and connect to brands they care about. The enhancements that will allow users to more easily harness all of the power of Pinterest include:
- Links in all Pins: We’re excited to unlock another monetization channel through links in all Pins. Users will be able to add links to all images, videos and even Pinterest TV livestream, helping drive traffic and make connections with brands. The paid partnership tool and product tagging using affiliate links (for the US and the UK) are now available to everyone as additional channels to make money on Pinterest.
- Flexible aspect ratios and editing: Users will be able to create Pins using flexible aspect ratios as well as the ability to edit Pin components after publishing including title, details, and links.
- Performance metrics: All video Pins will now have enhanced metrics (including views and watch time), bringing a consistent set of analytics across all Pin types.
Screens are for illustrative purposes only. Individual results may vary.
For creator best practices, be sure to visit https://business.pinterest.com/creative-best-practices/
“By creating a simpler, faster way for content creators to harness the power of Pinterest, we are making it easier than ever for our creators to reach an engaged audience, make money, build a brand and express what makes them uniquely special both on and off the platform.” Malik Ducard, Chief Content Officer
New community engagement features
Building an inspiring and positive community on Pinterest is a priority for us. As part of our Pins formats, all users will start being able to access these unique community features to support one another:
- Safety keywords: Pinterest users will be able to add keywords they don't wish to see in comments. By simply creating a filter under social permissions, users will be able to auto-hide all comments containing the keyword specified.
- Photo comments: Pinterest users will be able to easily respond to content on Pinterest by creating and uploading a photo.
- Reactions: Reactions like heart and lightbulb emojis will be expanding to all Pins, which have been steadily growing as a much-loved feature to engage with content in the Pinterest community.