When we first created Pinterest back in 2010, the idea was to give people a place to collect ideas they found around the internet. But it quickly became so much more than that.
What started as a site used by a dozen of our friends grew into a worldwide community of more than 250 million people. A handful of Pins grew into four billion boards, each representing someone’s plans for the future—from epic dream trips to what’s for dinner.
I’ve done some growing myself. I got married. I had a kid. I had another kid. The way I use Pinterest changed. I do more cooking for my family now. I’m learning how to be a better gift giver. I'm thinking about how to make my house feel like home.
That’s what Pinterest’s all about. We’re here to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love.
We couldn’t have done it without all the people who use Pinterest. They’re the reason we’re here in the first place, and the inspiration behind what we hope to become.
Your inspiration is on us
As a small thank you for everything our Pinners have done to inspire us over the years, next Saturday, April 27, Pinterest is treating the first 250 visitors to free admission at some of the most inspirational places around the world:
- Australia Zoo, Beerwah, Queensland
- Museu da Imagem e do Som (MIS), São Paulo
- Center for Puppetry Arts, Atlanta, Georgia
- Chicago Architecture Foundation Center 9am river cruise, Chicago, Illinois
- Exploratorium, San Francisco, CA
- Adler Planetarium, Chicago, Illinois
- Mexic-Arte Museum, Austin, Texas
- National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis, Tennessee
- Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD), Brooklyn, New York
- Museum of Pop Culture, Seattle, Washington
- Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience, Seattle, Washington
- Museum of the Moving Image, Astoria, New York
Whether you make it out for some real-world inspiration, or just revisit Pinterest for a little personal inspiration, we hope you end the day #FeelingInspired.
Thank you for inspiring us every day. I look forward to hearing what Pinterest’s inspires you to try next!
—Ben Silbermann, Co-founder and CEO of Pinterest
No purchase necessary. Limited to the first 250 visitors at each venue on April 27, 2019 while supplies last.