We’re currently seeing an unprecedented change in modern retail, and e-commerce is becoming more important than ever. As consumers shift their spending to online channels, brands should inspire Pinners and create a shopping experience that feels more like “real life,” bringing a sense of normalcy and delight to challenging times.
People have always used Pinterest for shopping inspiration, and it’s been a priority of ours to surface the best products from retailers to people who are ready to shop at the right time. Because Pinners come to Pinterest in search of inspiration (and not necessarily with specific products in mind), and also welcome content from brands, our interests are aligned across the board.
As we continue to invest in shopping and the success of retailers, we’re introducing new features to help retailers of all sizes get discovered, and distribute their products in the spaces where Pinners are most likely to shop, including the launch of the Verified Merchant Program, new conversion reporting opportunities, and updates to Catalogs and dynamic retargeting.
Pinners are shoppers — looking for inspirational ideas especially in areas like home, self-care, and kids activities right now
Shoppers are turning to Pinterest as a key shopping destination: a place to get inspired and discover new ideas as a refreshing alternative to news and politics. They’re walking the virtual aisles of the platform, searching for visual ideas to help them create their new reality. In the past two weeks, we’ve seen increases in searches (compared to the prior two weeks) for topics like “home organization” (+43%), “spa day at home” (+19%), “makeup tutorial for beginners” (+180%), and “kid-friendly recipes” (+64%).
NEW! Introducing Verified Merchants, Conversion Insights & Catalogs updates
- Verified Merchant Program: We’ve launched the Verified Merchant Program with retailers like Quay Australia, Ruggable, Filson, Coyuchi and Lotuff Leather, who’ve met our qualifications for high quality customer service experiences through manual review. Verified Merchants will display a special blue checkmark on their profiles, and become eligible for increased distribution within high-intent shopping experiences and metrics like conversion reporting. Retailers interested in signing up for the program can learn more at pinterest.com/verified.
- Conversion Insights: Gain early access to organic and paid conversion insights so you can measure Pinterest’s impact on your site visits, checkouts and sales over multiple attribution windows.
- Catalogs updates: We’ve made significant updates to Catalogs that lessen the time from feed ingestion to Product Pin creation, plus we’re adding new metrics, near real-time feed ingestion, user experience enhancements, and feed ingestion scheduling.
- Dynamic retargeting: Advertisers in global markets can reach Pinners who have previously engaged with their brand online or who have unpurchased items in their cart by retargeting exact or similar products they search and save on Pinterest. We're adding in more optimization levers to give advertisers more control.
With a mix of existing and new features, we recommend retailers take the following approaches to reach shoppers on Pinterest:
- Become eligible for increased distribution and access to new measurement and analytics tools through our Verified Merchant Program.
- Upload all your products to Catalogs to generate Product Pins, which display price, availability and product descriptions, plus link directly to your ecommerce page.
- Use Shopping Ads to promote your products to reach more Pinners and optimize performance once you’ve set up your product groups within Catalogs.
- Take advantage of dynamic retargeting to reach Pinners who previously visited your site, but didn’t purchase, as they continue to browse home feed.
To provide more insights into the evolution of retail and the unique value of Pinterest shoppers, Pinterest Head of Global Retail Strategy Amy Vener will lead a webinar on Tuesday, April 7 at 2pm ET with special guests from leading retailers. Learn more here. Stay tuned for more features and ways to find success on Pinterest.
the red Pinterest icon Check out our shopping on Pinterest video series.